Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Let's do this


I am not a blogger by nature but I have been told that I kind of know how to write. I know this is going to be rough to start but bear with me I will make it better with your help.



So what you need to know about me to follow along with my logic and with what I may post. As much as I have lived in a larger city (if you want to call it that) of Omaha, I am still a small town person. I love the interaction of other people and the friendliness of all your neighbors. However, Omaha does offer its own share of events to keep you entertained. So my life cannot be laid out in just one blog but I will tell you that you may learn one new thing about me today.... maybe.



I grew up in a small town in central Nebraska - Cozad. Grew up is a very loose term because really I only lived there for 8 years but I have some many great memories from that time. everything from Monopoly, to baseball, to school, to swimming lessons, to floodings then to the freedom of riding your bike any where in town that I wanted. I could go into some detail on each of those items but we will just keep this moving. We moved from there to Omaha when I was in 5th grade. At the time, it was the most troubling for me. I had a hard time adjusting so I had tried to be the attention getter and was not that successful. So because of that I spent my Saturdays watching VH1 with the artist blocks of 4 hour videos by that one artist. My memories of school were not really of great times. I might have had fun when I was there but I do not entirely remember that. I did get into some sports like baseball and basketball but I was not the greatest at either one. I still love to play them till today but I just never excelled at them.


Moving onto middle school, that was where I just know I did not have any great times. The best thing that came out of the few years of my new life in Omaha was that was where I was drawn to the Force that is Star Wars. Like most kids/boys my age, I would watch all three movies over and over and over on VHS to where I had worn out copies and had to get new ones. I would use broom handles as lightsabers, had the Ewok Village, the C3-P0 gold case (still have) to several figures. But I would just play with them by myself. That was some great times but again that was not really outside of my house. Getting back to school, the only great memory I have of middle school was I got to play my cousin in Knockout and I won. That was the only time I actually won and that was more by chance. I loved the competition of sports but I just did not take it to the next level. In school, I even tried track & field. I did the shot put and the discuss. Those events were the classification of failure. There always had to be winners and losers and I was the loser every time. This scrawny little 7th grader trying to throw what had to be a ball half of my body weight and then have it drop at my feet. I might have been the only one to get negative distance in the shot putt. So just as time clicks on so did my life. There were bad locker partners, to having my books knocked out of my hands in the halls, to being laughed at by girls, to going into the wrong bathroom and all the way to messing up in shop class. I could just never find my nitch in life at that early age. I do not want to go on and on about that because it just sounds like whining and I hate that.



This may sound somewhat sad but it ends well just wait I am not going to divulge everything on this post but I will end this on a more positive note. I will say for now that high school is where I met the love of my life and looking back it proves that even though we all go through some hard, dirty, nasty times we can still make it through that and be more clean and alive than we ever thought we could be.


For those of you that may actually follow this, I will go on with my high school years and may fill some blanks from before.


I think I will always end my posts with this:


May the Force of THX Make Your Life More Clear

(That is a work in progress)

No comments:

Post a Comment