Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Continuing On.....

Alright, I left off with middle school….. I was starting to feel more comfortable but still not fitting in with a group. I did try out a few church camps and those were great. I loved that. I have had my kids start to go and they did like them as much but they do not seem to be the same as they were way back in the day – side note, can you not say “back in the day” without turning your lips in and talking like an old person, just wondering, - Anyway church camps… I had a great time at those. It could be that it reminded me so much of small town life and several of them were from smaller towns or it might have been that I did not have to try to fit in there. Everyone was accepted.















That is when I thought things could get better starting in high school. In a way I was right. I got to the point where I acted like I did not really care what people thought about me but I really did. I would do certain things to specifically standout, by the clothes that I wore the people that I started hanging out with and just being different. I was not trying to impress anyone like I was in the previous years. I felt better at that time but I still look back and realized that I did not really like high school that much. Maybe I just remember the bad times and not all the good times. I do remember some of the times where I was acting like a teenager. Those were some of the best times. We would not do anything that was too out of line. I would leave cartons of milks in my locker for weeks until it was so bloated that was about to explode. I would then pull the lockers away from the wall just enough to put the carton back there and reset the lockers. That carton burst and that smell traveled to other parts of the school. Man that was funny because really only a select few of us know who did it and I never got caught. There were other things again like rolling bbs under the Math office door. I am only mentioning all of this now is because the statute of limitations has my partner-in-crime at the time was the same locker partner that I hated from Middle School. Yes. That same person is now my best friend still to this day. There was Cell Biology that was a waste of time because of the people that were in the class. I did learn anything in that class. I guess just enough to pass. That was about all I remember from my freshman and sophomore years. I know that is pretty sad. Well there was one more thing that I do remember and that was meeting my wife. That was a match made in Marching Band. It was weird because it was just a perfect fit. We pretty much got along all of the time….. I know that is not true. We were able to fight well, though. There were a few times that things did not really work out but we always came back to each other. She never really left but I had some problems. It was really a great time with her. She really helped me to get though several events and I think that is why my Junior and Senior years were a blur. I really did not care about school. I did just enough to graduate, just barely. The other times that were good involved Marching Band but were not specifically school related.



So all in all, I did not care for school in general. I know people look back and say: "It was the best of times."


Not for me.


I would say the best of times is now. People wonder why I act the way I do, like a child sometimes; it is because I liked the way I felt back then but I love the people I am with now more. I combine those two feelings and it is just fun.


Everything has changed since my school days. I am not as out-going as I was, I am way more responsible and I guess I care more about being a better person that I do about what others think about me. Which is a complete 180 from high school.


Now that I am done with the past, the future posts will have a deeper purpose.... yeah right!


May the Force of THX Make Your LIfe More Clear

(still needs work)

No comments:

Post a Comment