Friday, April 29, 2011

Ever Wonder?

This is going to be for believers and non-believers in Jesus.

I may have lost several people after stating that but for those that have stuck around:

Have you ever wondered where Jesus or God was during any past situation? This is not going to "explain" everything but just to offer my opinion on certain situations. (My Disclaimer)

Maybe there was a time in history such as natural catastrophes, evil rulers, or even just event in your own life. No matter the situation, where was God during that event? People always wonder: If God is all powerful and is such a loving God, then why does he let bad things happen? The first thing we need to remember is that God does not LET these things happen. We live in an imperfect world that is ever changing. We do not know when it is going to be any person’s time to go so we would need to prepare ourselves for that time.

You hear several people say: Live life as if there is no tomorrow, Live life to the fullest. We all take for granite that there will be a tomorrow. That is why I am posting this now. What if something was to happen and you truly did not get to do even just a handful of the things that you thought were possible to accomplish in your life. I am not saying to spend your whole paycheck to go tour Europe or go golfing all day for weeks or go to Vegas for a luxurious vacation; because what if then there is a tomorrow and you have to go back to what we call a “normal” life. That would not be practical. I believe that was the problem with some of the evil leaders of our time. They could not see past the fact that maybe what they were or are doing, could be wrong. If they were wrong, what would happen the next day? Most of them have found out what happens. They did not see past that illusion of what would happen if there was a “tomorrow.” They did not see the bigger picture. I am not saying that you should live a life in the dark wonder what might happen. What I am saying you need to prepare your heart for a life of understanding and a life of peace. I have found that in my faith. I do not have a defining moment in my life that made me say that is the time I decided that I am going to change my ways. It has been and still is a struggle. I am NOT a perfect person. I do not consider myself a role model or a person to look up towards. There are times in my life that I know that one way or another I am going to have to answer towards. Also, I am not trying to tell you that you HAVE to live your life this way. I am just saying that it is easier for me to accept certain events as tragedies but not “end of the world” tragedies. The natural catastrophes that have occurred are hard to watch and hard to believe that God could allow this to happen. But however, they are examples that it could be us that will be affected the next time. I really do pray for those people and I hope that they can find comfort that there is a higher power at work and they ARE NOT in control. None of us are in control. Every time we try to control our lives beyond what we are able then we tend to get stressed or start to loss hope. We do have a certain amount of control but when we get to the point where we could say: How am I going to get through this? Then that is the point where God will come to help us. There was a song that helps to explain what I am trying to say:

Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

I just want anyone who is reading this to know that we are NOT in control. I had thought at one time, I wish I had all the answers but then I thought about it and I am not sure I want to know. I really like knowing that I am here for a larger purpose. Do I specifically believe in a Heaven and Hell? I do not really….. But I do believe that there is more to this life that I could possibly imagine.

I have found comfort in that and I have found comfort in believing in a God that will give me the direction I need to live my life either for myself, for my family or for others… However it was meant to for MY path.

So maybe just a little:

May The Force Of THX Give Your Life More Clarity

No comments:

Post a Comment